Pregnancy Paranoia!

I am 5 weeks today. I took 3 tests last week that were all positive. I dont go to the doctor for 2 weeks and that is just for a consultation. I keep freaking out that I will lose the baby and not know it. Would I bleed if I was losing the baby? I have had no problems and I dont have a history of miscarriage. This is just me worrying. That is my question...would i know if I lost the baby? Please be kind Im resisting the urge to run to the doctor for blood work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Each time I lost the baby I bled.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:53 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes. A miscarriage is pretty painful. At least mine was. It's like the worst cramping you've ever had. It was worse thanwhen I went into labor. Plus I puking the whole time.
    It might be different for everyone tho
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:57 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Worrying yourself & stress is also not good for you or the baby. Just wait until your Dr.'s appt & relax.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I know what you mean. And I have had two miscarriages in two years. Ive had the blood work done and it came back fine. That was at 4 weeks. Now I have to wait until 9 weeks to see her again. Im very nervous. Good luck.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 10:03 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Both of my miscarriages were bloody and very painful. I can almost assure you that IF it was to happen to you, you would know something was wrong.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:14 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes, you would know if you lost the baby. There's generally a good bit of cramping and pain, and blood. If you notice anything more than light cramping or spotting, call the doctor or go to the ER. Otherwise, try to relax; I'm sure everything is fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:20 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Thank you mamas! I have tried not to worry about it I guess I just keep waking up and feeling like it isnt real. For the most part I feel fine it has just crossed my mind a few times.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 AM on May. 6, 2011

• yes u would have alot of pain lots of blood just don"t over do any-thing god will watch out 4 u & baby congeations ill pray 4 u both
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 3:52 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thank you Sassy! That means alot to me! I do feel like it is in His hands. It is all so surreal and exciting I guess I'm afraid Iwill wake up out of this dream!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Calm down...stress can also cause a miscarriage. If you miscarry, you will know it. Theres blood, and a lot of painful cramping involved. You'll be ok, just try not to stress about it. I stressed my whole first trimester because in my family, there have been a LOT of miscarriages, and I was sooooo afraid I was going to lose the baby. By the time I got to the middle of my second trimester, I realized that all the stress, could have hurt the baby. So, stay calm, drink lots of water, and hope everything goes better than expected :)
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 3:05 AM on May. 8, 2011