What's the dumbest ad you've ever seen?

Okay I'm not trying to be insensative about AIDS or HIV, so please don't think I am.

But one time I saw an ad on a bus that said, "one million people are infected with the AIDS virus. Half of them are women."

It's like...well...duh! What else would they be? I didn't see the point in pointing that out. Anyone can contract that horrible disease. It shouldn't be a sex-thing.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 10:01 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Mine would be Britney Spear's music video aka advertisement for her stinky perfume and nasty makeup. I watch it ONCE and sat there thinking "WFT was that?"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:05 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Because people used to think that only gay men got HIV.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 6, 2011

• For me, it would be the Olay Regenerist ad with Ellen Degeneres. She comes on saying "Inner beauty is important. But, not as important as outer beauty." REALLY??? This coming from a woman who asked the world to accept her as a lesbian? I don't care that she's a lesbian. Just making a point. Haven't we as a country worked hard to teach our girls/women that accepting who you are is important?

As for the "half of them are women" AIDS campaign - AIDS & HIV are socially misunderstood diseases. General society equates them to homosexuality. Not ALL sexual unions are m/f. Nor does society understand (yet) that it isn't all about sex. In the general public's eye, most homosexuality is m/m. Therefore, they equate AIDS/HIV to male affliction. Society is still rather ignorant, yet. The sign you saw is trying to teach ppl otherwise.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:16 AM on May. 6, 2011

• The verizon Juke commercial saying I can move like my Juke. It was just way stupid.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 10:43 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Have a Happy Period....REALLY?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 AM on May. 6, 2011

• OMG...Happy Period! I know, right???? LMAO
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:10 PM on May. 6, 2011