Please help...any advice is welcome

I have a swollen knee that started yesterday. I probably brought this on myself. I was working out yesterday and my knee was slightly achy and I continued to do impact cardio exercises. I have to work on my feet for five hour shifts for five more days (six in a row). I have been icing it and taking ibuprofen. My question is how often to I ice and is it for about 20 min at a time? Please help! I can't afford to pulled out of work for a few days. If it doesn't get better in the next 24 hours I will go to a walk-in clinic and have it x-rayed.

coala

Asked by coala at 10:08 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• ice actually makes it worse, try a warming patch instead every 2 hours or so give it some extra tlc
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:11 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Alternate the ice and heat......15 mins........Good luck and feel better!!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:13 AM on May. 6, 2011

• http://www.ehow.com/how_2046232_treat-knee-sprain.html

Start out using the RICE method. Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate and after 3 days go to heat
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:17 AM on May. 6, 2011