Name calling

What would you say to your husband if he called your daughter a bitch? She missed the bus this morning and its cause she didn't shower,she showers every morning cause if she doesn't her hair doesn't sit right she's 13 so she's very aware of how she wants to look and feel. He's done this before and I've had the talk about how we don't insult our children,we need to disprove their behavior,not them personally. I love my daughter so freaking much and would get hit by a train for her,I wish my husband had better parenting skills. He is very lazy when it comes to the kids and he's an older dad so nothings changing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let him know that being a supportive father, and communicating with her in a positive way is going to set her up to be a confident woman. If he keep this up she's going to run to the first man for approval, and either end up pregnant, or live a life of pain, because of all the bad relationships with horrible men. Put it to him that way, and see if he changes his tune.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• That is just not appropriate, does he call you that too?
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I hate to say this but you wouldn't be hit by a train for your daughter if you let you husband call her a bitch to her face for missing the bus or any other reason. You are letting your husband tell your daughter that she is worthless and if you would not accept this for yourself, why would you tolerate it for her. Please do no tell me because he is older or lazy, he is abusive!

What you are allowing is damaging your daughter. You are setting her up to be abused by men for the rest of her life, both verbally and physically. Please help your husband see this before it is too late!!
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Call him an a$$hole
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Holy crap, um I don't know what the hec I'd do but it wouldn't be nice. I'd probably snap back, and we'd fight about it b/c that is wayyy out of line.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2011

• If she didn't shower then she should have been able to get on the bus. I could see if she was in the shower a little to long and missed the bus. If I missed the bus when I was that age, my punishment was to walk the 2 1/2-3 miles to school. I would miss the first few classes , but I quickly learned that I needed to get up on time. You need to explain to your husband that calling her names is abusive and as she gets older it may drive her to date abusive men bc she will feel that is all that she deserves and that that is the love that she should have.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:40 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Wow. What was her response? I can't even imagine....Wait..yes I can. When I was 17 my dad told me I F'd up his life. And yes it took therapy to get over that one drunken comment.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm trying to teach the kids proper communication.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Make sure he knows he will be paying for all the couch time (therapy) his daughter will need because of the way she was treated by her father. He needs to increase his vocabulary knowledge - what a HORRIBLE father.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2011

• mex no he doesn't he wouldn't dare cause I'd knock him into next week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2011