Where do you get your news?

Is there anything wrong with watching The Daily Show to get your daily dose of information? I love John Stewart, he's a cutie, the show's a riot, and I stay informed on politics. It's not my exclusive source, but in a pinch, I think it's a win-win. Am I wrong?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 10:36 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You're not wrong. They do intensive fact-checking even though it's a comedy show.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:37 AM on May. 6, 2011

• well, he does cover real information...but he also throws in his personal views on the topic which you may, or may ot agree with. Also, since John Stewart is pretty left leaning, you will get one sided information.

I like him as an entertainer, not a news source.

I like NPR, ABC, the Washington Post & Huffington post. Every morning their top stories are on my home page.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2011

• The Daily Show and the PBS News Hour, best news sources available :-)
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 10:47 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Better the Daily Show than nothing, i guess. DH and I listen to NPR in the morning and when we're driving. I read the NYTimes and the Washington Post and look at CNN.com during the day. DH is more the Fox News type. He watches it at night.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with watching The Daily News...I sometimes watch it myself.
    I normally get my news from CNN or Fox News.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 10:41 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I go to abcnews.com for national or cnn on tv
    and local websites for local info
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 10:45 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I just watch the local news in the morning, or the breaking news on my home page. I don't really watch much other news
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:47 AM on May. 6, 2011

• If thats how you get the news it is your choice, atleast you are getting information. I dont watch it myself. I usually get my news through Fox, CNN, local programming, online, and my lovely 21 and 17 yr old always let me know when something is going on as well.

Answer by gemgem at 10:55 AM on May. 6, 2011

• ABC for local and CNN for everything else
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 AM on May. 6, 2011

• i like the daily show me and my dh laugh at his antics but he also gives good information
    Ksmomma30

Answer by Ksmomma30 at 11:23 AM on May. 6, 2011