A few questions about bed rest:

I am 35 weeks and I was put on bed rest at 33 weeks because I was having contractions and was dilated to a 2. They put me on a drug called "procardia" to lessen my contractions and I'm on bed rest for two more weeks. I'm beginning to get a little stir crazy, but I'm trying my best to relax and take it easy. I just have a couple of questions for those of you who have gone through/are going through this.
1. Did you end up having the baby early anyway or were you full term?
2. What did you do to keep from going crazy with boredom?

Momincollege23

Asked by Momincollege23 at 10:46 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was induced at 42 weeks after being put on bed rest, but it was for reasons different than yours. I watched a lot of Netflix, read, did crossword puzzles, and a lot of crafts.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I was on bed rest for a week... but they specifically told me NO sitting at the computer... How I wish I had a laptop then!! I read, wrote letters, watched TV, did some needle work (cross stitch, etc) learned to crochet pot holders, been crafts, paper crafts.... anything I could do in a half laying, half sitting position. My hands kept falling asleep though. That was at 37 weeks, I was induced at 38 weeks the official Dx being pre-eclampsia. Every thing worked out just fine... everyone ended up happy and healthy in the end!! My DD was 8 lbs, 12 oz... so good thing I didn't have to go two more weeks ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:02 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I went through this with all three of my kiddos my first I ended up going 3 1/2 weeks overdue. With my second I had to be induced at 35 weeks and 5 days due to severe preeclampsia, and my third I made to be induced at 38 weeks. I had cervical stitches with my last two and was put on Procardia and terbutaline starting at 16 weeks. All three babies were healthy my perinatiologist doesn't believe in bedrest for women with preterm labor so I didn't get put on it with the last two.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2011