The Marriage Propsal

I love hearing stories about how someone's DH proposed to them, I've heard funny stories about marriage proposals as well as sweet, romantic stories. Here is my story:

DH came home from his 2nd deployment and I knew he was going to ask me to marry him, I just didn't know when or where or how. Well I had gone to Fort Hood on Valentine's Weekend to go see him and we were going to go visit his parents that weekend. He had just gotten off work not long before I arrived and he had been in his barracks room packing for the weekend when I got there, he came and met me outside, and took me upstairs to his room to finish packing.

When we got to his room he finished packing his clothes for the weekend and went to his locker/closet and pulled out a box, he came over to me, wrapped his arms around me, gave me a kiss, told me how much he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, then asked me to marry him. 3 months later on May 5th we were married.

How did your DH propose to you?

Holtswife24

Asked by Holtswife24 at 10:56 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• He didn't, I did him........I think it was the 2nd bottle of Pinot.............................. LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:59 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My dh and I had been together awhile. My parents and best friend came to visit one weekend and we were planning to take them around to look at historical sites in the area. Usually my dh was always with us when they visited. He had left with two friends and even though I thought it was a little weird didnt think much of it, neither did my parents. We ended up going to this church I really liked, and before we left he called my name. I turned and he was on one knee with a ring. Of course as it turns out my parents and best friend were both in on it and had their cameras with them in knowing he was going to propose. We ended up getting married in that church later.

Answer by gemgem at 10:59 AM on May. 6, 2011

• AWWW! Thanks for sharing :) Mine is kind of funny....we went out to dinner, nothing too special just a normal night out. Usually he opens the truck door for me and helps me out, but this time he ran into the apartment and left me outside lol So I finally got inside and he was down on one knee, OMG I was crying a river, after about 10 seconds into his proposal the alarm started blaring, he forgot to turn it off lmao so he had to stop and go shut it off! It was great!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:02 AM on May. 6, 2011

• We went on an amazing vacation one summer to and one night while we were there we got all dressed up to go out dancing and he wanted to take a walk on the beach first...i was so irritated b/c I didn't want to get sand all over me before going out, but he was persistent. So, we went for this walk on the beach. I turn around at one point and he's on one knee with a ring! I didn't even see it coming so I was completely in shock! Needless to say, we never made it out dancing that night ;) Funny thing is that on the way there a few days earlier I had packed my carry on so heavy and I wanted to switch with him b/c his was lighter. We had so far to walk in the airport, but he wouldn't switch with me. I was mad at him for that and thought he was being rude...however then I find out he had the ring in his carry on and he didn't want me finding it by accident! LOL!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:05 AM on May. 6, 2011

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I was proposed to here on CafeMom...and then, he got on his knee and asked me for real.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2011

• OMG...BradenIsMySon...that is awesome! I just read the post and watched your video!!! How amazing!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:10 AM on May. 6, 2011

• OMG@ BradenIsMySOn! That is great! How sweet! LOVE IT
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 11:13 AM on May. 6, 2011

• LOL...thanks. Pay no attention to how I look. I had changed clothes and was wrapped up in a huge blanket. He didn't know hoe to stop me from changing without telling me. And my son was tying to film so I wouldn't noticed.I had no clue until the end..I was in a state of pure shock.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 AM on May. 6, 2011

• OMG BrandenIsMySon! What a fantastic guy! And Congrats :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:16 AM on May. 6, 2011