If you use coin-op laundry facilities

How much a week do you spend and how many loads does it get you?
$20/week gets us 8 loads of laundry done. Usually that's enough, but with 2 boys who love to play outside sometimes we need more

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:17 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• 10 dollars a week and 4loads
    mommylay

Answer by mommylay at 11:19 AM on May. 6, 2011

• 16 dollars a week and it does a week worth of clothes for 7 people
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:24 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I do 16 for 20$
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 11:24 AM on May. 6, 2011

• If it has been a busy week I take two tall baskets full of laundry for me and my son and spend about 4 dollars drying them. I have a washer at home but no dryer. I usually hang them out since it's so hot here. In the winter though I spend about $10 a week because I just wash and dry at the laundromat.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:33 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Hey this is totally not what you asked but when I first moved into my town house I had to do the whole coin operated machine thing. I got so sick of getting out and doing my laundry. I did some research and there was a company in my area that let you rent out the coin operated machines. It cost nothing down and there was no monthly payments. They just came and collected the change ever so often.Just thought i'd mention it in case you have the similar thing your area. Of course you have to have washer and dryer hook up but it was a lot more convenient to just go down in my basement and do my laundry instead of always having to get out :) sorry kind of off subject but thought i'd just mention it.
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 11:41 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I've done coin-op and it gets very expensive very fast, so I switched to washing things at home in a large plastic tub & then hanging things dry. The wringing I could do without, but I only did the easy stuff at home, like underclothes, sheets and baby clothes, and all the rest went to the laundromat. This way there were fewer trips to the laundromat, fewer loads & less cost.
    Anonymous

• I would say anything before 9:30
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• $20 every other week. usually two big machines and a small one.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 8:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• When we used to have to use the laundromat, it would cost us a FORTUNE! We would spend on average $25-30, and it wouldn't even get our clothes completely dry. I hated it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• About $20 a week, most goes in the drier.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2011