Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I would like to take my ex to court to get more parenting time how do I do this when she does not agree?

I have my daugthter 10 days a month, summer is coming and I want to have more time with her as her mom, works and I have off during the day. I have signed her up for summer functions with my other children I have custody of. We are to go to mediation first, and she won't agree to any of this.

She is very vindictive, she talks to her about me badly, she calls the cops because my other kid her age and her were jumping off of bunk beds, and she told them my ot her daughter pushed her off a top bunk. She plays lots of mind games with my daughter, and smokes in the house with her. I just feel so bad, she is living in a two bedroom trailer and shares a small room with a 16 and 12 year old and she is only 6. My daughter complains that these older girls kicks her out of her room and won't let come in, so she can't even play in her own bedroom.

There is sooo much and I can go on and on....

I have contacted an attorney and becasue she does nothing to hurt my daughter physically or she is not a criminal she will always win custody issues....

I just feel for my hurting daugher and it is sad that we have such a nice home for her with her own room and structure :(

Any advice?

Sorry I am asking for my husband and his daughter, we have other kids here together but he has one from a past marriage. 


Asked by lovemamma at 11:28 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 5 (86 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • Do you have a summer plan that varies from the regular parenting plan? I would contact a different atty, because that's just ridiculous. If your dh has 50/50 custody, there is no reason he cannot get additional parenting time.

    Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

  • Unless the situation has changed from last time you went, they usually won't change the order unless mom agrees to it. Next time just post that your DH is trying to do this. I spent the entire post thinking you were a separated lesbian couple lol

    Answer by JLS2388 at 11:43 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • If you've already spoken to an attorney there isn't any point asking for further advice. The attorney would have all the answers. Sorry.
    Maybe you could revise the visitation schedule?

    Answer by meooma at 11:31 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • I am sorry you are going through this and I think you are doing the right thing! My husband's ex always put the kids against him and he always stood strong and did not say anything bad about their mother. I believe usually when a parent puts their kids against the other parent they will usually pay for it in the end. Stay strong and keep doing what you think is best. Tell her to stop being such a selfish B and realize she only hurting your daughter. Good Luck, and i'm sorry I don't have more advice!!!

    Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:33 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • Fight her in court!

    Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:35 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • Why doesn't your husband have more visitation time to begin with? I don't understand why, if there have been no issues with his parenting, they do not have joint custody and 50/50 parenting time.

    Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

  • I am a step mother. This child is not your daughter. She is your stepdaughter. At first when I read your post, I thought maybe you had been in a lesbian relationship and that is why the child has two mothers. But she doesn't. She has a mother and a father. You are the father's wife and I think you are overstepping. The only think I see that is not quite right, is her badmouthing you. But honestly, if you are going around saying my daughter this, and my daughter that, I can see why she would be pissed off. And no judge in his right mind would take custody away from her for smoking or for living in a trailer or even for filing a police report about the bunk beds. He might reprimand her for the badmouthing, but he can't enforce it. All the other stuff is a lifestyle choice, not abusive.

    Answer by lilangilyn at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

  • I would suggest a lawyer - good luck!

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:30 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • I am sorry lovemmamma, but I am a bit you mean her step mother? Are your other kiddos from someone else? It isn't clear in your question about what is going on,, try to edit so we can answer with the right info,, hugs!

    Answer by kimigogo at 11:30 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • dang! harsh! i'm sorry you and your daughter having to go through this. wish i had some advice for ya hun :( good luck

    Answer by SarahM.1983 at 11:32 AM on May. 6, 2011