Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative to Wellbutrin?

Dh's insurance hasn't kicked in at work yet, and we have been paying out of pocket for the generic wellbutrin, which is still about 50 bucks a month. Anyone know of a good alternative we can try? He has a Dr appointment next Thursday, so I was planning on talking to the Dr about it then.

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 12:14 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• Not sure, have you tried Zoloft? Is it for depression or quitting smoking? I did not like Wellbutrin at all.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Actually, I'm not quit sure why they put him on that in the first place. I think to help lose weight. He has never smoked, but it mildly depressed.
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Here are some suggestions of drugs that i know are for depression; paxil, effexor, zoloft, lexapro, cympalta, pristiq, prozac, i am sure there re many more that is just what i can remember. Some of them are on the $4 generic list and some aren't.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2011