Which do you think would be more reasonable?

married couple, one is a morning person the other a night person. they go to bed hours apart because the morning person can not stay up much later than 9:30 and the night person will end up waking up at 4am if they go to bed that early. the problem is sex.

what do you think is the better solution.

the morning person just sucking it up one or two nights a week and staying up to have sex.

OR

the night person coming to bed early one or two nights for sex... then if they want they can get up after and do what ever while the morning person goes to sleep (this would mean no after sex cuddling)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I say both. Then you're both compromising and, hey, more sex!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• me being a morning person knowing how hard it is for me to stay up, i'd say the night person go to bed then get back up if they choose
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 12:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• why not compromise? the morning person stay up till about 10:30-11pm, the night person go lie down and make love, hold them...maybe fall asleep? worth a try!
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 12:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i agree with beth
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Both, marriage is allllllllllllllllllllll about compromise..........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I say both of course!! It takes two! Besides, the both of you should be eager to make the time for that special night...
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 12:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• That question is a dead ringer for my husband and I! I am soooo a morning person. I go to bed at 9 PM, I'm pregnant and we have an 8 month old. My husband goes to bed between 12 AM - 2:30 AM . He is NoT a morning person!

We obvioulsy have a decent sex life.. the proof being the babies we're popping out!

It's kind of a compromise with us. On Thursday nights my husband bowls and I go to bed early. When he gets home around 12 -1 he wakes me up for a "tossle" and then it's back to bed.

Also sometimes before I go to bed I'll go "find" him. Then I can go to sleep by 9 :D and he can go stay up if he wants :D (On those nights I normally get a back rub till I fall asleep!)

Some mornings I wake up early and wake him for a tossle. He's sleepy sometimes but he never refuses a chance for fun!

Weekends I can go to bed and he can wake me and I'm not tooo affected because I can sleep in in the moring.

I hope that helps!
    JennyChmara

Answer by JennyChmara at 12:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• This is where compromise comes in. You both need to sacrifice a late night and early morning in order to make eachother happy in this case.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 12:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm a night person and my dh is a morning person. He stays up a little later than he likes, I get up a little earlier than I like. As far as cuddling goes, there's nothing wrong with cuddling and stuff afterwards, then, once the morning person is ready to go to sleep / sleeping, the other person can get up (of course, being quiet about it), and then come back to bed later, or they can use a reading light and read in bed, or whatever.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• DH and I have been on completely opposite schedules many times. You do what you can, when you can.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 PM on May. 6, 2011