What is the one thing you think I should know about college before starting?

I just registered for my college classes. I am starting in September. What do you think is important for every new college student to know?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:40 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Make sure you study, get a notebook or use a laptop to take notes during lectures.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• You must attend class and keep up with assignments. There are rarely make up opportunities or "do-overs." Make sure you keep your syllabus and refer to it often for each one of your classes so that you do no miss anything of importance. Communicate with your professor and check your college email often as sometimes professors will change something and only notify you through your college email.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 12:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Community college: Idk ive never been
    University: Use all of your resources! I got lost to class soooo many times and didnt know where to go or who to ask.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If you read through your notes every night you will never have to cram for a final. Find someone in each class that you can coordinate skipping with so that you always have access to notes.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 1:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• congrats!
    take the classes you need to take and stick to the plan!
    a lot of people just take what sounds fun, then get lost in the process and forget where they are headed then just drop out
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• purchase a recorder so you can record all the lectures. you may be the only one doing it, but it really helps, and it became a fad where im from
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:31 PM on May. 6, 2011