Are you just getting by?

Or do you put money in savings and have enough?

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 12:55 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• We have enough for everything we need. Once my son starts school and our daycare bill goes down, we will be putting money in savings each month.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 12:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We are just getting by.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 1:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We put money in savings and still have enough left on the side after that and bills.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 1:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I consider ourselves just getting by despite the fact that we put $200 in saving every month and give $200 to charity every month. After savings, charity, and bills we have about 600-800 per month for food, clothing, gas, and other things that may need to be bought that month/week. (B-day presents, curriculum, activities for the kids, going out to eat, etc). My husband gets paid twice month, so we really have about 300-400 per paid period. That's not lasting us much as it use to because of the raising cost of everything. Gas here is $4.50 a gallon (and raising). Half of that 300-400 we have per paid period is now being spent on gas for our cars.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We put money in savings.
    Anonymous

• Just getting by. Between daycare, gas, food, and everything for the kids our paychecks barely make it to the next....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We barely get by. Usually we run out of money before the next payday.
    Anonymous

• I budget my money and do my best not to live above my means. I feel that is many people's problem. Sure, I'd like a nicer life than I have now, but I am not able to afford that lifestyle, so I am not going to struggle every month and then not be able to enjoy my bigger house, nicer car, nicer clothes, etc. I can have extra money to go out or save, because I live in a house that isn't huge or luxurious but still fulfills our needs and drive a car that isn't new, but does the job just fine.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We are just getting by....it's scary, but I'm only a year away till I will have a rad. Tech job, which pays nic
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We live comfortably and are able to put a percentage of our monthly income into various savings, retirement and investment accounts.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:54 PM on May. 6, 2011