What are we going to do ?

my husband has lost is job and its not because hes a bad worker. Its because he got to many speeding tickets in the company truck and the company insurence does not want to have to pay for it to keep him covered.he has a c.d.l. and we found out it will take 3 years for the speeding tickets to go away.hes going to try for workers comp.maybe get a lawyer to him get one or two drop and if we can do that he can go back to work.please keep us in your prayers.thanks

ladybug36519

Asked by ladybug36519 at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• he can't get workers comp, that's for when you are injured on the job severely enough that you can no longer work. Can he gain points for taking any driving courses?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• no with him having a c.d.l. he cant.i wish he could.sorry i typed the wrong thing lol i wanted to type in workers unenploment.
    ladybug36519

Comment by ladybug36519 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well, you need to talk to him about being more responsible obviously....he might have to just get a different job. It isnt like you can change what he did now! He will have to deal with the consequences of his actions and look for a different job until his license is clear again. Im not sure how a lawyer could help you....they are already on his license and its not like he didnt really do it. He was speeding.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Unemployment is generally for when you get laid off because of the company (lack of work, machines broken, etc.), Im not sure if you can get it when you do something to get laid off. Can you?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I can't help but to think he may have been speeding to meet deadlines for the job. If that's what happened, he may have a case. But it would be expensive to prove.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:15 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well see, he did mess up at work. Not speeding is one of the major rules of truck driving, and cops don't like to see trucks speeding. So it was total lack of responsibility that lost him his job. I would help him look for a different profession.

Anonymous

• I pray that your husband finds a job that he is capable of doing and never drives again! If he isn't capable of following the rules of the road he needs to stay the heck off the dang road before he kills somebody.
    Anonymous

• I can help...actually both for the work area and the lawyer area..message me
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i will pray that every thing works out, keep us in prayers too my son has seziers he 3 years old
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 3:34 PM on May. 6, 2011