How do I change myself?

I just want some balance in my life and I feel like I have none. I try to stay steady on track but I can't. How do people do it? I will cook every single day, keep a clean house, be in a good mood, exercise, eat healthier, and over all be on track them all of a sudden it's the opposite and I struggle to do anything. I feel lazy. I'm tired of doing this, being like this. I will feel like I have got it right, and feel accomplished, and on top of things just to crash and then feel bad because I "failed." I don'r know why I do it but I feel like I let my DH down because I struggle to do anything, and I feel so lazy, but I don't know how to quit being like that??? It just comes and goes. I feel like I can't control it, it just comes and goes whenever. I hate it. How do you control it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• You sound like me! Minus the "failure" bit... only death = failure in my book.

With two jobs, I simply do the best I can and I refuse to worry about the rest.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• :) Friend me please! I would like to support you!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Positive self talk. Tell yourself that you did well. Every night make a list of all the things you accomplished that day (even little tasks) and keep a second list of all the people you helped or were kind to. You will probably be surprised of how many things you are actually doing right, It is all in your perspective.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:23 PM on May. 6, 2011

• whats wrong with being lazy? im extremely lazy. think about garfield, everyone loves him right! your husband should love you just the way you are. sounds like your trying to be someone you're not for him, which a lot of people including myself do because we love them, but we must love ourself and accept the fact we are lazy. who CARES about the clothes on the floor. seriously! if i can still do what i love like watch stand up and blog then im good! everything doesnt have to be perfect and your man probably has no idea the expectations you set for yourself. he only knows his own expectations of you which is probably way less than what you think you should be doing. so chill and enjoy life!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My dh is great, and very understanding, but I don't like being like this. I'm really not trying to be someone I'm not. It's literally like I will feel full of energy and want to do everything, then I will feel feel down in the dumps and do nothing. I know it's not a big deal to have a messy house, but it gets to the point where I let it get too messy when I am like this. Unfortunately I feel like the being down in the dumps lasts a lot longer, and more often than feeling good and full of energy which is only short lived. It is a problem for me, because I feel like my ability to function at a steady pace is not there. It's one extreme or the other, and I just want balance. I don't evenknow if i am making sense trying to explain this, sorry if I am not but it's been bugging me for a long time and ive been holding it in because it sounds kind of silly to me in a way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• gurl i feel you i am in the same boat this is my second week of having things the way I want them. But today i feel like i really am not into cleaing up again. I did the major stuff but there are things around the house still needing to be picked up but i feel tired and i workout so i def dont wanna do it. Good luck and you can get past this just make your self you know?
    kristybaby2

Answer by kristybaby2 at 6:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Identify a specific thing you want to stop or start doing. Examine its circumstances. Then...

Notice when the circumstance happens.
    Purposefully stop what you were doing instead.
    Do the other thing instead.

At first you'll not have the timing right, do worry and don't give yourself negative feed back.
    Just stop when you notice and go back over it if needed.

After a bit you'll get the new habit engrained and your ready for the next thing.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• You could be bi polar or be struggling with agitated depression. I think your sense of failure is something that often accompanies both of these. Why not go to a therapist and find out? Healthy people, non depressed people, have down days, but they don't beat themselves up over it. Thus, my concern for you.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 9:03 PM on May. 6, 2011