Do you think its wrong that I let my ten year old son change my five month old daughters pamper

I was telling my cousin that my son tells me that when he is older he is going to be a good dad. Because he is able to change pampers feed the baby ect and my cousin opposed and aked me if I thought it was wise. Her argument is that most boys his age hasn't seen female anatomy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• its diff if its your sis me and my bro grew up taking baths together til i started school...i changed everyones diaper in my family i am the oldest of 4.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• when I was 10 I changed my little brothers diapers... I doubt that his mind is going in the direction your cousins is.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Your friend needs to not be so paranoid and mind her own business. Your son sounds like he's just helpful and sweet.
    Anonymous

• My son babysits for a lot of my friends. There have been a few diapers he's changed over the years...lol. He's a very responsible and caring young man and I don't see anything wrong with it and neither do my friends who hire him to babysit. It sounds like your friend may have a hang up about it and if it were me, I'd tell her not to worry it...JMO
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• That is crazy! I think it is great that your son is taking an active roll in the chores and responsibilities of your family. I also think you are teaching your son a positive lessons about bodies. If you were to tell your son that he can not change her diaper because it is wrong to see a girls vagina, it would probably create some body issues for him. Genitals aren't always sexual. Your cousin must have some issues. My brother hadn't seen a vagina until he was 16 and I taught him to change my daughters diaper. It didn't even occur to him until months later. It was changing a babies diaper. That was it. I think you are being a great mom.

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My son & daughter used to take baths together as toddlers (they are 2 1/2 yrs apart in age). It was no big deal. When they got too old (about 4) it stopped but they knew the other one had different "equipment". Big deal! It's not about sex at that age. Boys have something that sticks out; girls dont.
    My teenage son changes his baby sisters diaper. My husband changes her diaper. Why do ppl get all funny about it? They aren't child molesters or anything! Seeing a kids stuff while you change a diaper is not sexual...well unless you are a child molester I guess..you get the idea I am trying to say though! I think your friend has too conditioned by the media & such to imagine the worst case senerios!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ~sorry your Cousin....~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Thanks for your answers. Totally agree
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with your son changing a diaper once in a while, it's not sexual for God's sakes
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I am so sick and sad that we live in the society that we do where your own son would be questioned for changing a diaper! Sick people have to ruin it for the rest of us. I dont see anythng wrong with it. He is your son...that is his sister...big deal! We have different bodies that does not mean if we see a member of the opposite sex that we become molesters. Tell her to mind her own business and get her mind out of the gutter!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2008