Are people who don't like George Bush, and aren't white, racist?

sounds pretty stupid right? Just because I don't like Obama dosen't mean I'm racist just because I'm not black or mixed. I'm so sick of hearing "you're racist" b/c I don't agree with the president. His skin color has NOTHING to do with the reasons I dislike him.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 1:08 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama could be green with purple polka dots,and I STILL would have no use for him or his policies, or values! Race has NOTHING to do with it, his inability and buffoonery has EVERYTHING to do with it!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree and yes it does feel that way sometimes! But no I don't think people are racist if they're not white and don't like the Great G.W.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thank you!!!

bowing down

CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I wish we could thumbs up posters
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I am half Jewish and do not like Obama. I do like Bill Clinton though; wish he would run again!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah, me too but I'm way past being sick of it. To me it's an eye roller. There will always be people like that and the sooner you just learn to ignore it the better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• THen why are there so many dang questions about his background? THere's obviously no trust in him if people keep questioning where he's from. No one ever wanted proof that any of the other presidents were born american citizens. I don't think people who don't like obama are racist, I just find it ridiculous how there's so much lack in trust.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:13 PM on May. 6, 2011

• LOVE IT! That's my point exactly!! I have a sister in law that's mixed and I LOVE her to pieces! Yet, somehow I am racist because I have no respect for the man that THEY put in office!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I've seen this go both ways. I do feel like a lot of people voted for him because of his race, however, I also noticed the race card being pulle on others who voted for Mc Cain.

This was a rare situation, but this blew me away. I was working in a small salon. The woman in my chair went on and on about how she is a democrat and won't vote for Obama simply because he was black. I was stunned. I couldn't get her out of my chair fast enough.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:21 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Amen! I don't care for either G.W. or Obummer, but I actually lost a friend from college over the last election because I didn't like Obummer's politics. The last thing this friend ever said to me was, "racist be gone!"
    How do you respond to that?
    The guy is a terrible president, just like he was a terrible senator before that. I'm from Illinois, and he never made any positive impact while he was here.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 2:04 PM on May. 6, 2011