Bubble tea?

Anyone had it? What do you think? Favorite flavors?
I just tried it for the first time. I had passion fruit tea with lycee jellies. It kind of reminded me of drinking perfume LOL My 6 year old daughter thought that it was 'awesome' though.

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 1:24 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• What is bubble tea?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I thought it was carbonated when I ordered it, I did not expect jellies! It was a while back, I can't remember the flavor but it had coconut milk in it. I couldn't finish it because it was so far from what I expected.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• That sounds...odd...I don't know if I could even try it after reading your description, lol.
    Anonymous

• It's a flavored drink with either a milk, tea or smoothie base and gummy 'pearls' in it. The 'pearls' are a similar texture to gummy bears.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhqdhTeSK27YF21jmJJz_yQyfDBqOxhbQnsqUQx5g86DAIFvx2TQ

Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 1:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• never heard of it
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It is odd, Anon lol It reminded me of the Orbit drinks that were around in the 90'shttp://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Pineapple-Banana-Cherry-Coconu-orbitz-drink-679392_137_250.jpg

Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 2:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Ya know, I should remember that stuff...I do remember the name (Orbitz) but I must not have ever had it. (I was born in 80, so a teen in the 90s AND worked in a grocery store from 94-on!)
    Anonymous

• LOL I was born in '79 so the same as you but I was into weird stuff, I didn't like Orbitz though...drinks were not meant to be chunky...thick sure, chunky, no lol
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 5:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Haven't tried it yet.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:22 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Bubble tea is delicious! Everyone should at least try it! It's usually served in such large quantities that one order is plenty for my husband and I. While green tea flavor is a good standard, my personal favorite is Taro.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:16 PM on May. 6, 2011