My hips and legs are achy

I'm going on 6 wks now and my legs and hips are so achy. I cant even stand to walk. Im also so tired all the time. I work a full time job and I hate it anymore. Its like im an old lady! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your hips are spreading. Nice, right?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Your whole body will go through these changes:

1) ligaments get softer and stretch some;

2) your back will ache because you are compensating for the weight in front;

3) sometimes you will feel tightening...it's the uterus stretching;

4) you might get some clear discharge (as long as it is clear and doesn't smell bad it's fine);

5) if you go out in the sun you will freckle easier now;

6) your feet might feel more tired or achy (gaining weight) but watch out for swelling (try to spend some time lying down with legs elevated ABOVE the level of your heart);

7) you may experience some stuffiness of your nose (blood vessels close to surface may cause passages to swell)

8) if you feel hungry, eat something right away....otherwise you might feel like throwing up.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 3:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thanks Suzi :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• stop relax sit down 10 min streath your legs out find funer job lol
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 3:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• How about taking a pain reliever, maybe an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofin or a generic?
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 4:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• im high risk and you dont take ibuprofin when you pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• At only 6 weeks your hips are spreading?

I think it sounds like you might need to talk to your doctor about your achiness, especially being in your hips.
    I'm 8 months pregnant and just now have started gettting pains in the hip/pelvic area due to my baby's size and position.

Your baby is still very small, I would definately go get this checked out!
    Best of luck to ya!
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I started getting achey hips around 9 weeks... now Im 16 weeks and it has only gotten worse... I feel like my hip is broken or disconnected from the rest of my body
    Curtessia1

Answer by Curtessia1 at 7:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I ached a lot in the first trimester. Its your joints and things softening up. Its your body getting ready to spread those hips! Its normal, talk to your OB about it though, tell them everything, they know what they're doing, they can give you tips on how to relieve the pain.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:47 AM on May. 8, 2011