Ok really??? i have had enough!

my son will ne 4 in december he has been potty trained since his birthday last year!! Well for the past couple weeks he poops on himself everyday! he intentially does it! He does it right after he pees in the potty! I'm beyonf frustrated with him! I dont know what to do anymore! i took his tv priviledge today! Help me.

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I must be an old fashioned mother, I swatted one of mine on the butt, he did it for attention. After a week we never had a problem with him. After I swatted his butt he sat on the potty... I know a lot of parents don't agree and that's fine...but after making sure there is nothing "emotionally" or "physically" wrong with them, sometimes it is a last resort. YOU are the parent....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Are you pregnant? Is he in pre-school, maybe something is going on? Usually when they regress backwards, something is up. My DD did that when I was pregnant with DS. She regressed to the point my MIL had to break the habit b/c I was beyond upset. Plus we were also dealing with dh being deployed. One thing I learned, watching SuperNanny, is don't get upset, keep your cool and be patient. Set up a reward system for him for when he goes back to pooping on the toilet. I know it's hard, I did it, too. But don't make him feel too bad (even if it is on purpose b/c he may just be acting out of stress) hang in there mama.
    ButterflyKissed

Answer by ButterflyKissed at 1:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree there could be something going on. Go back to when you took him to the potty every 30 minutes or so. Don't ask, tell him that it is time to try. Just be matter of fact about it. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 1:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Probably an attention thing.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:53 PM on May. 6, 2011