How do you get rid of a yeast infection?

it itches and burns

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• Buy over the counter MONISAT at least a 3 day dosage. After that if it doesnt go away, call you doctor.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If you don't want chemicals, I've heard that sticking garlic up your wooha works. Never tried it though. Yogurt will also relieve the itching. Eating yogurt will also help maintain your regular balance.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My best friend hooked me on to putting on a pad and taking just regular yogurt on your private areas. Also you can sit in a warm vinegar bath, just enough to get on that area. Stay as dry as possible. You can also get this pill called AZO Yeast, it helped too. My best friend's mom was all about natural things so she showed up that the yogurt helped cool it off but the sucky part is the mess.
    ButterflyKissed

Answer by ButterflyKissed at 1:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Monistat 3
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I also recommend monistat3

Answer by Bmat at 1:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If its really bad your doctor can give you a pill that works GREAT ! They sure do suck. Remember getting one so bad I could not WALK once. Good luck!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• if you try yogurt it must be PLAIN yogurt as well. you definitely don't want sugar in it.
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Not just ANY yogurt! Strawberry Yoplait won't work! It has to have live cultures in it.

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• also make sure you iron your panty crotch or throw those panties away that you wore during the infection.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i've heard that soaking in vinegar can help. and eating yogurt can help keep it from returning. it must work cause i eat lots of yogurt and have never had a yeast infection.
    raven1114

Answer by raven1114 at 12:39 AM on May. 7, 2011