Friends? *Update*

ORIGINAL POST:

Me and this guy have been best friends since junior high and we have been there for each other. He was there for me when I broke up with my boyfriends over the years and I was there for him when he broke up with his girlfriends over the years and when he lost his mom to cancer. He was there for me when I got pregnant and he supported my decision whe I left my baby's father 4 years ago. We talk on the phone most of the time and we usually meet up to eat or hang out about once every two weeks. We have been friends for about 13 years and one night he sounded funny on the phone and he asked if I was home. I told him I was and 10 minutes later he was ringing my doorbell. He came in and asked if anyone was around. I told him that my son was at his grandma's for the weekend. He told me I need to sit down, i said you're scaring me tell me what's wrong. He told me that him and his girlfriend aren't working again. I told him what were they fighting about now? He said you. I was not surprised. Most of his girlfriends over the years had a problem with his best friend being a woman. I told him that he needs to see things through her eyes and apologize to her. He said "fuck!" I looked at him like what the hell is wrong with you? He said I'm sorry. Can't you see? I said what? He said I'm in love with you. I always loved you.

I was completely caught off guard. One minute I was enjoying a night to myself watching Desperate Housewives eating popcorn and the next here is my best friend dropping this huge bomb on me that I have no idea what to say to.

I had a crush on him a couple of years back when I was in college but I don't know how I feel about this now. Do I feel the same? If I don't or if I do I don't want to ruin our friendship.

I'm torn right now. I told him last night that I had to sleep on this information and that I'll call him tomorrow (today). I was up all night thinking about this and I still don't know what to do.

Have any of you ever gone out with a guy who was your friend? Can you ever be friends again if it didn't work out?

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you everyone for your opinions.

I talked to him and he met me before he went to work and I told him that I guess deep down I felt the same way all along and that I want us to be together too.

We kissed for the first time and I have never felt anything so right. He looked at me and told me that he was waiting to do that since the 7th grade lol.

We both started tearing up and he said my mom always wanted me to be with you. She was like a surrogate mother to me all those years and I started bawling. He told me that I've always been the one.

He just left for work. Whatever happens from here, only God knows. All of these butterflies in my stomach are making me want to tinkle lol. *sigh* I'm so happy right now.

Thanks again ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe I missed your previous post, but congrants! How exciting!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I read your other post, but did not get a chance to put up a comment-- BUT when I read it I was thinking "Go for it!!". I am soooo glad that you are going to give the relationship a chance! I wish both of you the best!!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Whats your other post? Hope its the relationship you have both been looking for.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i dated a guy who was a friend of mine it did not work out, but that doesnt mean it cant for you!
    please, please wait till he's done breaking up with her before you two start anything. im pretty sure you know that.
    i wouldnt even let him come over frankly until him and her are done
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:52 PM on May. 6, 2011