Why haven't we had a woman president yet?

I mean instead of saying we are racist aren't we being sexist?

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 1:50 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Because when it came down to the inexperienced black man or the butch white woman, most people decided that sexism was more PC than racism, so they did the most racist thing they could do and voted for a black guy with a terrible Senate recornd just because he was black.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 2:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Because no worthy ones have ran.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Because I havent ran for president yet :) HA!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• There are MANY people that won't vote for a woman BECAUSE she's a woman..including some women

Yes I would agree that is true but I also am not about to vote for a woman just because she is a woman, and there are people who would do just that.

Lack of a really good candidate is the reason for me.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• All these down votes, really? I know several people who admit they voted only b/c of race. Like you don't know anyone....
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't care what race or sex our president is. I care what they do in office.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 2:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree that even some women won't back another woman even if she agrees with her platform.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 2:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• For some reason this country still believes you need a penis to run the country is why

Answer by gemgem at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meir both served as Prime Ministers in their countries, both dealt with the office as well as any male could have and serve as examples that woman can do as good of a job as a man in powerful leadership positions.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Someday..I would never vote for a woman for the sake of it being a woman.I would certainly vote for a woman who shared my veiws and I thought could do the job per her track record.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:33 PM on May. 6, 2011