Feeding Schedule

My daughter is just under 5 months old and the pediatrician has her starting baby food and cereal. However they did not tell me how much or how often to feed her and how much bottle she should have now. I like routine so any ideas suggestions or knowledge will help!

kewatson09

Asked by kewatson09 at 2:02 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solidfood4to6montholdbaby.htm here is a helpful site and guideline for feeding.

Not sure why your doc would want you to feed her yet...the AAP and WHO recommend waiting until 6 months at the earliest before you introduce ANY foods. 

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:15 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Remember that solids are considered "supplemental." She should continue having as much "bottle" as she had been; follow with solids. Whenever you like. Bottle first, solids after.. all the way to the first birthday.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 PM on May. 6, 2011

• A mistake I made b/c I didn't know any better and nobody told me with my DS...When I started him on rice cereal I made it waayyy to thick, and poor little guy was constipated :( So when you do mix it, it needs to be real soupy. Good luck and have fun :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:22 PM on May. 6, 2011

• That is great you like to keep a scedule. It helps a lot. You could start off with once a day in the morning while keeping the same amount of bottles. Then maybe in a couple of days or so you could give the cereal again at night. I gave 3 out of my 4 boys cereal 3 times a day when they were closer to 8 months. My 4th son would not have anything to do with baby food or baby cereal. Good luck
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:53 PM on May. 6, 2011