Safety gates???

I'm looking for 2 great gates for my rambunctious daughter :). I need one for gong up the stairs: on one side is my banister and the other side is just a wall but at the bottom is some molding. The other gate i need is for the 2nd floor which would just be wall but molding at the bottom on both sides. I don't know what my best options are b/c last time I had a gate in my apt and it was the kind that pushed into the wall. Needless to say it ruined the wall by making marks where the gate was holding onto - I do not want that in my house. Please someone give me an idea for 2 gates for the places I explained. Thank you for all of your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have the "Evenflo Secure Step" gates on the bottom & top of my staircase. They are excellent, metal & you attach them with screws to the railings or walls. We have had them up for 4 years & I highly recommend them. They can only be opened by an adult with strength and swing open on one side.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:24 PM on May. 6, 2011

• They have expandable ones that latch into the wall. Just set it up over the molding on the bottom. I do that with my son and it works great.....he is 2 and still has yet to learn how to crawl over it or unlatch it. Hope this helps =)
    Anonymous

• http://www.target.com/The-First-Years-Everywhere-Gate

I love this one you can attach it to the wall and you have to lift a handle and push a button to open it.

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:34 PM on May. 6, 2011