Do you feel guilty too?

I feel guilty that my bond with my bio daughter is stronger than that with my step daughter. I know it is natural and I don't treat my step daughter any differently. I love her and care for her as she were my own. I just feel guilty for having these feelings. Anyone else?

Kari727

Asked by Kari727 at 2:31 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am not in a situation like yours, no children yet just prego, but what i have seen from my friends is that it is normal to have a more stronger and special bond with a child that you gave birth to since it came from your body. I am so proud that you love your step daughter and take care of her, good for you! :)
    mommy2beNov

Answer by mommy2beNov at 2:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I can imagine that would be very hard., I give step parents all the credit in the world because I don't think I could seperate the two like I would need to
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:32 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I understand. My DH was a step parent to my oldest before he passed (my son) and his bond is closer to our sons we have together. Donmt feel guilty! Your DD is from youir womb, you carried her for 9 months and had that extra time to bond with her. It is natural!
    bdmartin81

Answer by bdmartin81 at 2:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't have a stepdaughter however I've had 2 step mothers. It is hard and it is going to take tme to build that bond. It will happen, my Dad's wife now I am very close with, just spend time alone together or with all three of you. Go out or even watch tv or bake together. Me and my step mom used to go make cookies and watch "Friends" . It was a great bonding experience. Don't feel guilty it takes time. GL and you are being a great mother by realizing this!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It seems completely natural to me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:38 PM on May. 6, 2011