Been with a married man?

If you had a relationship with a man who was married when you met and he did divorce his wife, did you still stay together?
I just want to know how many relationship like this worked out.
Not talking about having an affair and he stayed with his wife. Talking about the married man actually divorcing his wife

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you hoping to find someone who fits your grid or something? No offense, but dating a married man, separated or not, shows lack of commitment. So I find it funny that anyone would persue a serious relationship with someone like that. If they have kids, her and those kids will always come first. And no matter how you put it, it is an affair, and everyone will see it for what it is.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I can only tell you my experience. My husband was cheating and told his mistress we were getting a divorce and didnt sleep together. That was not true. I did kick him out and we had a child custody battle she ended up paying for. He NEVER filed for a divorce. I ended up having to pay for that after he made it clear to me he had no intention of ever divorcing me because he did not want to marry her.

Answer by gemgem at 2:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Let's see... that was both of my husband's parents. BOTH cheated, divorced, married their "paramours" and both wound up divorced from those second spouses.

I've known a few similar stories... not ONE ended with the "other woman" staying with the man. Not ONE. I do know one woman who is still with the "other man" however. She was married (not for long, either), divorced her husband and married a co-worker. Ten years, they're still together. Better track record than any cheating husband I've ever known.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I personally have never been involved with a married man.

However, I have had a few friends over the years that have. Not a single one had a "happy ending". Not the 1 (yep just 1 actually divorced his wife.. none of the others ever did. Leave for a little while and go back, yes. Actually divorce no.) who divorced his wife, nor the many who left and then went back (some more than once). No one ended up together in the long run. Even the one who divorced his wife, moved on and married someone else afterwards, not my friend who he had an affair with for 3 years. He married a different woman, he flat out told my friend that she couldn't be trusted to marry since she had been involved with him while married for so many years.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It all depends on how long he cheated and if he wants to divorce her right away, some are afraid of leaving a long marriage even though it's no love there and starting new
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• lol No musicmom,

I was just looking at Dr Phils Mistresses and there was one woman on there that was with a married man and he promised her the world so to say and she believed him and it got me thinking that how many of them are probably promised so many things and how many of those men that do divorce their wives end up with those mistresses.
    I'm sure some do work out but not many. I just wanted to know if anyone here can answer that to confirm it has worked out. If those things he promised them were delivered.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I also wondered that if he had already filed for divorced and met someone is that still considered cheating? Can he and his wife go on to date other people once those papers are filed? Or is it considered cheating even if papers were filled out and both parties know a divorce is in the future.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i wouldnt date a married man that is not my style
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:21 PM on May. 6, 2011

• They can do what they like once the papers are filed, it's just a long process so that's why there time to meet someone
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Oh! Good! I'm glad actually! I see anon posts where people are messing with married men and want them to leave their wives, and fish for people who actually think it's ok. Legally, if a man is married, it's still consider adultery.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:03 PM on May. 6, 2011