How long after your C-Section were you completely healed?

Believe it or not, I was healed 6 days later. Up and walking, on no pain meds and doing everything I normally did before I was pregnant. My doctors said I was the exception to the rule, LOL.

Kari727

Asked by Kari727 at 2:35 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• I healed quick with all of mine. I'm an impatient person and pushed myself - which didn't make the doctor happy but I was lucky. I amazed the nurses after my second child was born because I was walking around half an hour after my DD was born - they didn't think the meds would wear off that quickly but I was determined to get that catheter out of me and had to show them I could use the bathroom on my own before they'd take it out. I was doing my normal routine within a couple weeks at home but didn't do any heavy lifting or excessive stuff for about 4 or 5 weeks. I was on pain meds for awhile after my 2nd though because I was leaking spinal fluid and it causes serious migraines, I was so mad at the doctors they messed up because I wasn't perfectly still when they stuck that needle into my back but I couldn't help it - they had the OR ice cold and I was shivering uncontrollably.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It took a couple weeks before I was off the pain meds!! probably a month for to feel normal, ish
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:38 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My first c-section it was like 2-3 weeks before I felt normal, but that was an induced labor gone bad. Second c-section, a week, third c-section, a week.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• With my second c-sec I went off the meds and just took motrin the next day...took the motrin 2 days. I would say it was pretty close to the 6 day mark.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I never took pain meds because I was nursing. I was driving at 1 1/2 weeks. It probably stopped hurting completely at around 3-4 weeks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My first took 6 weeks....but it really does take your body that long internally to start being ok to do stuff full force. They say you should give your body 12 months before even considering having another baby to allow yourself to get back to the best you could be.
    Second one I was like yours....literally buzzing around the hospital room, but my body for sure told me if I was overdoing it!
    Third was WORSE than the first.....
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I left hospital with a prescriptions for pain meds 1 scared me because when they gave it to me in hospital i was so groggy , how was i gonna go home and take care of a baby being doped up and at the time no insurance. i got home started feeling better only had to take 1 over the counter pain med for the pain and went from there. but i can tell when i over do it and she was born a little over a month ago. i start feeling exhausted. when i got my staples out one of the places had filled with liquid and began to run so they rushed me from my appointment at the hospital over to the doctors office in a wheel chair which is in the hospital only to tell them oh well just have her use gauze and charged me 228 dollars just to look at it. but i seem to be doing ok I actually was able to gt up and clean without stopping today YAY!!
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• After I left the hospital I took only tylenol. Was off tylenol, driving, and back to all normal activity (except heavy lifting!) one week later.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• 2 1/2 months but then i also got an infection
    MamaTrombley

Answer by MamaTrombley at 6:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I was up walking 36 hours after down to the NICU to see my DD (not riding in a wheel chair, walking normally)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:34 PM on May. 6, 2011