How can i get my daughter to go to sleep?

My daughter is 7 months old and she has always had the same bedtime since she's been sleeping threw the night. now at betime the second i leave the room she starts screaming and crying and wont fall alseep for a long time and she wont fall alseep unless i am standing right there. Any suggestions on what to do?

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• PUT A BIG PHOTO OF YOU NEXT TO HER BAD OR ON THE CEALING
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 11:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Try putting something of yours in her crib. With my son I layed my t-shirt on the mattress just so he can smell me and he slept like a log.
    Imom3

Answer by Imom3 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• drug her up on baby tylonel=]
    Anonymous

• no don't do that just feed her turkey. That will make her sleep all night!
    Anonymous

• Turkey? lol. No, don't do that!
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I don't know what the "method" is called... but maybe try moving a little further away each night until she doesn't need you in the room anymore. Might work?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think the big picture may confuse her since it won't talk to her or anything.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• In the morning, head to the bookstore and pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution."

And know that your baby is compeltely normal....they change patterns all the time and sleeping all night is often a temporary condition in year one.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008