Sinus Infection

anyone ever had a sinus infection during pregnancy and got antibiotics for it? im pretty sure i have one, and i have an appointment to go in today, im just wondering if i will be able to get antibiotics for it..

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:48 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Probably not. It will run its course and then be over it. I'm not really sure about the meds.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• most likely not. it is common though for you to have a stuffy nose since the blood vessels make membranes swell and then the passages narrow. You could try an ice pack on the area above the eye brows and on your cheeks close by the nose. There are sinus passages there. Otherwise, drink lots of water, use a humidifier to keep air a bit moist (helps drainage).
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 2:52 PM on May. 6, 2011

• No. I just had the same thing and they told me to take robitussin and suck on some cough drops. But thats all you can do when your pregnant
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 2:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Some antibiotics are fine during pregnancy - if the doctor sees fit, he/she will prescribe them. There are natural remedies if it's not so bad though - neti pot, massage, etc - I go to both a chiropractor to have my sinuses adjusted and a massage therapist to have them massaged - both of those help more than any antibiotic ever has. One major thing that will help, either way - cut out dairy, all dairy. Taking a good probiotic would help too.
    Anonymous

• I had bronchitis while pregnant. I had antibiotics. Some are safe. If you have a true infection you must have antibiotics. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:13 PM on May. 6, 2011

• yea i heard that if u have a sinus infection, and dont get it treated it can be really bad..leads to other things
    MaciesMommy09

Comment by MaciesMommy09 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I was given anitibiotics for a sinus infection with my last pregnancy. I was given zithromiacin (? on spelling) . A sinus infection usually does not go away on its own. I have had many of them and have always ended up having to take an antibiotic for them.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• if you're past the first trimester, they most likely will.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 7:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I have an ear infection and the doc gave me antibiotcs so I think you'll be fine. I'm still in the first trimester. I asked him about 50 times if he was sure it ws okay to take it while preggers! so yeah I think you'll get them
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I just got over a sinus infection. It was terrible! It started out as a sinus infection, then it moved to my lungs, and I lost my voice for 2 weeks. Try putting hydrogen peroxide in your ears, and letting it sit in there for 10 minutes, it may help a little bit. I didn't take anything for my sinus infection until about a week and a half ago. I took some Robitussin DM that my OB prescribed to me. I still have a slight lingering cough, but I'm doing good now. I hope you feel better. I try not to take anything besides my prenatals, I'm too afraid something might cause a birth defect.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:44 AM on May. 8, 2011