About periods after the depo shot

I got on the shot at my 6 week check up after having my son. My hubby got fixed so when everything came back good i got off the shot in jan i didnt have a period intill 3 days before easter and im still on it it started out light now its heavy is this normal has anyone else had this happen . I called the dr and the nurse told me it was fine as long as there is not pain and not soaking a pad in an hr . so i just want to know if any of you had this happen thanks

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 2:56 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm having the exact opposite problem!!! I spotted the entire time I was on the shot, and now that I am off of it, I haven't had a period in 6 weeks!! Stupid hormones!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I had the shot after my 1st son and bled the whole time between the 1st & 2nd shots. I was told my body was adjusting blah blah blah then when it NEVER stopped, they put me on pills to blance my hormones. I got the shot to avoid pills(and forgetting to take them) but ended up on pills anyway. It took me almost a year before my periods went back to normal after quiting the shot. Good luck to you, I know how much it sucks!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I bled for 6 mos after depo I didn't get the next set and it stopped
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• thanks ladies i wish i would have never got the shot i liked it b/c i didnt have my period but now that i have stopped the shot i dont think my period is ever going to end
    klinemom2

Comment by klinemom2 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on May. 6, 2011

• your body has to adjust to any form of birth control. i am on the depo and the first shot i got bled and spotted for a few months and then nothing and then spotting and then nothing and now its nothing.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:58 PM on May. 6, 2011