Mirena? How many use or have used it and your feelings about it?

Thinking about getting this after the baby is born. The pill obviously didnt work because i cant remember to take a pill everyday.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I currently use Mirena and I L-O-V-E it! It really does take all the hassle out of BC. However, just like every other type of BC there are risks. The first Mirena IUD I had began to come out on its on (not an infrequent problem) so it was removed and replaced with a Paragard IUD, which is basically the same thing without hormones. Then I had to have the Paragard removed because of a procedure I needed, and afterwards my doctor suggested trying the Mirena again. It's been over two years with NO issues at all! I would definitely recommend an IUD for women who already have at least one child....
    MRobinson927

Answer by MRobinson927 at 3:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• got preggos with it 2x.
    Anonymous

• The first time I had it my body expelled it, I got it inserted again and it punctured my uterus. I'm healed out now but it is working now, but just be careful.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:31 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It works so I like it. I haven't had a really period in over a year either. The down side is all the bleeding in the beginning.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 4:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• How much bleeding is in the beginning fireeyes81?

I too am curious about this, havin the baby in about a month (or less) and looking into b/c for after.
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I had it, but I got the side effects of bleeding for 3 months straight but after that it really lighten up and I got nauses every now and then but in general I liked, thinking about doing it again
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 8:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• DONT DO IT I DID BECAUSE MY DR PUSHED IT ON ME AND I HAD CYSTS EVERYMONTH AND THEY HURT SO BAD I WOULD HAVE TO LAY CURLED IN A BALL CRYING. NEVER AGAIN!!! I HAD IT FOR A YEAR BEFOR E THE DR BELEVED ME THAT THAT WAS WHAT WAS CAUSING IT. I HAD IT TAKEN OUT AND POOF THEY WERE GONE AND NEVER CAME BACK.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 9:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I have had Mirena three times between 4 pregnancies, and absolutely LOVE it! My period stopped altogether, no side affects, great product!!! Getting it after this pregnancy, too.
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 5:53 PM on May. 7, 2011