How many people think that some of the extreme couponers are hoarders in disguise?

It IS neat that those people can save that much money.... but who needs that much food in their home at one time.  My family of 5 can only go through about 4, maybe 5, bottles of katchup a year... yet the one woman had about 50 stored in her daughters bedroom because she ran out of room in the pantry.

I think it borderlines on a mental illness for some of those people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• I don't think, I know they are.

I coupon, but, I don't hoard.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• WOW, yeah.. buy away but donate when it gets out of control!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• You are right.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• The ones on the show very obviously are. They're making life rather difficult for those of us who coupon responsibly, because stores are changing policies due to people trying to replicate what they see the mentally ill doing on TV.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree that they are hoarders. I've only watched the show a couple times, but I couldn't believe it! Who needs all that stuff?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• The lady that had that many ketchup bottles also had something like 7 kids. I'm the only person who eats ketchup in my family but I love it, I go through one of the huge bottles every 2-3 months. Meaning in our family 1 person eats around 5 bottles of large ketchup a year. If she's got a few kids that like ketchup they can totally go through 50 bottles.

For some of them I do think they're hoarding, but the ones with huge families I can understand. You go through a lot of food when you're feeding a ton of kids.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 3:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Clearly some are troubled. I adore those who donate to charites and our soldiers & their families.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:22 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Many of them have 'crossed over'....
    Saw the episode this week about the couple who extreme coupong but give it ALL away to needy organizations. LOVED IT.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:25 PM on May. 6, 2011

• ketchup in the daughters bedroom? where did you see this? I'd like to see it! lol!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:43 PM on May. 6, 2011

• i agree
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:52 PM on May. 6, 2011