• In the Spotlight:

My son is 9 months old and i am wondering what to feed him? i do the stage 3 foods but i dont know what else to feed him? he only has 3 1/2 teeth so far and i am afraid he wont be able to chew everything? also how often should i feed him formula and jar food through out the day?

i try to feed him 3 jar foods (fruit, veggie, and meat) and 2 oz juice mixed with 2 oz water and at least 3 bottles a day.

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Front teeth have nothing to do with chewing. If you wait until he has molars he won't be eating anything until he's almost 2. My youngest is almost 10 months and last night he had hot dogs, mac & cheese with peas and cottage cheese for dinner. He basically has a little of whatever we are eating along with his bottles.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm pretty sure he can eat Cheerios and other finger foods by now. Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 3:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• He doesn't need teeth to eat. He can have whatever you eat. Formula should not change...28-32 ounces a day. Food should just come in between and only as practice and fun. Keep the bottles the same, and occasionally, put him in a highchair and give him chunks of baked sweet potato to pick up and feed himself, or slices of avocado or banana.

Google Baby Led Solids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• mac n cheese, applesauce, peas, steamed (cooled after) carrots or brocoli
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• He is ready for table foods by now. Banana, peaches, mashed potatoes... you could get pasta pick ups and cut them in half, my son devoured those at that age... scrambled eggs, or even pieces of hard boiled egg. Let him try a little of whatever you have. If you are nervous, try those msh bgs they have that you put fruit in
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Haha, it's funny, my son ate his first kids burger at 9.5 months, he held it and took bites.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• thanks! i am just really scared he will choke it totally freaks me out just like it would any mom! but i got a lot of great i deas from u!!!!!!
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If you do use the "Baby Led Solids"..he will be the one controlling his intake. He might gag a bit, but, he will pull it out and try something else...he won't choke. Most kids choke on stage 3 jarred food because it is liquid with chunks in it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• ya he dont like the runny ones i have to find the thick pastie ones he gags on the runny ones but does great with the thick ones
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I only did that jars for like maybe a month, then, I realized they are unnecessary and he could eat out food mostly. It's cheaper and healthier anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:02 PM on May. 6, 2011