Toddler 2 years old on sippy cups

We are a little late in the game here. Our son has been using sippy cups for his juice but now we are trying to get him to start using them for his milk to and he is very apprehensive. How do we get our toddler on a sippy cup without making it uncomfortable for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try a straw sippy. That might work for him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:50 PM on May. 6, 2011

• we always did milk in a regular cup cause my dd didnt like it in any sippy.....we just had milk with meals at the table to avoid carpet spills
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 3:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Is he still using a bottle at 2? Try a sports bottle, straw cup, or regular cup. Nuby makes a straw type sippy cup, that's similar to a bottle.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• At 2 it might be just easier to go to a regular cup at the table.

Answer by missanc at 4:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• At 2 years old I would switch to a regular cup and if need be in the car or what not use a straw cup not a sippy.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I am around children of this age all the time and if they see others do it, they want the same. Get the small little plastic cups that hold about 4 oz. Easy for their hands and disposable. Put your drink in it too and the transition is usually smooth!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would try a regular cup. Using sippy cups for very long can cause problems with their teeth. My DD is 22 mo and uses a regular cup. When we are on the go I'll put some water in a straw cup.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Romma is 18 months and uses either a small regular cup that's about probably about 6 oz and we fill it about 1/2 way or she has sports type bottles that she uses if we're in the car.
    raven1114

Answer by raven1114 at 12:15 AM on May. 7, 2011