Does your childs elementry school put on plays or have christmas concert

????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• the lower school kids (K-5th) all have a parent breakfast where the kids perform. The grades also rotate who gets to perform at the grandparent/special person breakfast and annual dinner. Then the whole school, K-12, does a Chanukah musical.(It's a private Jewish school.) The kids all have a blast.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Only the kindergarteners... Thanksgiving and Christmas. The other grades don't.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes. We have a Christmas program in December and a Spring Musical (each class does their own...it's a small private school, only 6 classes pre-K through 3rd grade) in May. My daughter's class is singing Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles. I can't wait :)
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 4:02 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes, every Christmas.
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 4:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah, they have school plays. I'm not sure about Christmas Concerts or anything like that, I'm sure they do. The only play she was in was back in February, the first graders had a play called "Hooray For The USA". Luckily DH has just came home for R&R a day or two before her school play, so he was able to see our DD in her very first school play.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 4:07 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes they do and they say Merry Christmas without shame too lol

Answer by gemgem at 4:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• No. It is called Winter Concert and tgey sing folk songs, Christmas songs, Jewish songs, and songs from other traditions.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Our public schools have a winter and a spring concert. No plays (not even at the high school level) but choir-type concerts.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• At our kids' school, all the kids (K-12th) are required to help put together a play for both Christmas and end of school program. The home schoolers of the church are also invited to join as well (kids go to a private Christian school sponsored by the church). I'm getting pretty excited about the end of school program for this year. I just can't believe they only have 2 weeks left!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• @hopeandglory53 - your kids only have two weeks left of school? I wish I was that lucky - because of all the snow days this year my kids don't get out until the end of June.

To answer the question yes the elementary school has plays and concerts, there's one usually within the first few months of school, another around Christmas, and then a Spring production as well. The plays usually only involve Kindergarten through Third grade, mostly since after that the older kids are more interested in putting on concerts rather than plays.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:37 PM on May. 6, 2011