Insecurities

Who's job is it to make you feel secure in your relationship? You or your SO? I see so many replies with people saying, "you're insecure, get over it." Sometimes, yes that is the case, but not always.

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 4:01 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I say its both parts. The understanding of where one another are coming from, support and helping yourself work through your insecurities, we all have them,
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 4:03 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Hmmm that's a good question...I guess it's a little bit of both, it's my job to be secure in my relationship and his feelings for me ect, but it's his job to KEEP me feeling secure...meaning not doing things that are going to jeapordize (sp) my feelings of security...like staying out all night, talking to girls, things like that...hopefully that made sense lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:04 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I can and only will speak for myself.

My insecurities, my self-view, my self-worth, my self-esteem are mine to deal with, contend with and overcome. I and I alone have control over those things. Each of those things stem from my own thoughts. I and I alone have control over my thoughts, no one else. No one else can change the way I think about/view things so expecting someone else to contend with those things would be pointless for me. There is no one else in this world that controls my thoughts so, no one else in this world can overcome my insecurities for me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:06 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I go in feeling secure or i do not go in.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm responsible.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:15 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Mostly each person is responsible for making themselves secure, but it's also their partner's responsibility not to do things that they know will make the other person insecure.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't feel it's productive for anyone to say,"just get over it" as receiving validation for one's feelings is vital to good mental health.  There must be some reason for your feeling insecure.  Either he doesn't show you enough affection & support & spend enough quality time with you, or could it be that you feel inferior to him, like you don't deserve him?  If this is the case, then you need to begin to tell yourself that you are "worthwhile, important, intelligent, loving, etc....." & believe what you say!!!

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 4:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree with the first 2 answers
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree with @Lucky209.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 5:07 PM on May. 6, 2011