Ideas for teaching kids ABCs?

My daughter is 3, and a babysit a 2 year old and a 5 year old who all need to learn their ABCs. For my daughter, I did flashcards and we put together an ABC puzzle every day and she had them all down, could recognize all the letters. But now she won't work with those things. She just says "I don't know." or "I don't want to." when I try to teach her with those tools or just by writing them with her.

What are some fun games I can play with them to teach them their ABCs? the cheaper the better lol.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 4:06 PM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• magnetic letters
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:58 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Check out alphabet books at the library.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 4:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• They all know the ABC song lol. I'm talking more about recognition and maybe even learning to write them.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• yes, a song always help
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 4:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Use the speggheti-O's with ABCs in them ? That's probably rediculous, but its a thought.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Leap frog has this really cool thing you put on the fridge and they can sing the song and learn. Thats how my daughter got it down.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 4:53 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My son learned his letters using Fridge Phonics, but those are only uppercase and they need to eventually learn both - he just picked it up from watching Sesame Street and SuperWhy. There's a CD called "Sounds Like Fun" that has lots of educational songs on it and one of them is a letter song that goes through their sounds - it's a great learning CD!

Answer by missanc at 7:45 PM on May. 6, 2011