I am feeling overwhelmed!

Hubby just left for afganistan yesterday. I have so much to do. I am packing up my entire house by myself, I still have to find a storage unit, possibly a moving truck or trailor, my girls are going nuts with all the moving so that's a trial, I have to be out of my house Sunday...final inspection is on monday. I am doing this all on my own. My husbands friend is supposed to be here helping me, but I haven't heard from him since yesterday morning. I shouldn't be doing so much lifting (I am 20 weeks pregnant...almost 21 weeks) I just want to sit down and cry. How do I deal with so much with so little time?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 4:06 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Travel

• Do you havce any friends of family that can come and help? Anyone?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Just his one friend here. Everyone is deployed and my family cannot be here this weekend. His mom and dad want to be here, but are unable to due to money situation. I barely have enough money for storage and moving and traveling to michigan...so I can't get there here.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• It's okay to just sit down and cry, it actually helps sometimes :) Can you call and ask to stay one more week?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:19 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I might call his friend and tell him how overwhelmed you are. Maybe he can get serious about making some time to help.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• How old are the kids? Old enough to stay out of the way or need constant tending? Or can they help some?

I agree with the following: cry a little, then call the friend. Let the friend know the situation, do not just say "it's me, call me back" say "it's me, I really need your help and if you have any friends, we could use them too, to move the heavy stuff." It's OK to sound upset, so he knows it's important. If you are a member of a church or a club of any sort, they would probably have some people who would love to help if you just sent out an email. We do it here all the time. Co-workers do it. Most people, if they knew there was a pregnant military wife with no help, would give at least 1/2 hour, or half a day. But how you find them, I don't know. If I think of something better, I'll come back. Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• hugs

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Call you DH friend & tell him to get his ass there first thing in the morning. YOU NEED HELP! Tonight just relax & go to bed early and try to get a good nights sleep so you have energy tomorrow. You still have two full days. Think positive & I wish could help you :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:48 PM on May. 6, 2011