Why are progressives still dependant on failed policies from the

early 1900's? That seems regressive to me.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:07 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Same reason conservatives still think trickle down economics work.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Because they've been dumbed down by the public education system they rely on so much, and they simply can't come up with anything new. :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

***

Apparently liberals still believe that "trickle up poverty" is a better solution!!  *sigh*

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

***

Apparently liberals still believe that "trickle up poverty" is a better solution!! *sigh*

LMAO. You beat me to a smart ass reply. Can't top that one.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:15 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Apparently liberals still believe that "trickle up poverty" is a better solution!! *sigh*

Answer by LoriKeet 6 minutes ago

A) I've never heard anyone use that term before.

B) The rich keep getting richer so "trickle up" doesn't really hold water.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:21 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I can only use my brother as an example. He literally thought walker would be the complete destruction of Wisconsin. He thinks his postal job should allow him more than the 6 weeks off he gets a year, paid. He thinks he should contribute nothing to retirement. And when I enlightened him to what the City Firemen were getting in bennies, he got pissed. Because in his mind, everyone else has something better and he deserved more. It is regressive Carpy, and the light is slowly being shown on the areas where real change needs to take place. Starting with the Unions, and Federal workers and State workers. This mentality of I want what's yours has got to stop. Detroit is a perfect example of what happens long term when Progressive programs are left on the books unchecked. Eventually, you run out of everyone else's money.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• B) The rich keep getting richer so "trickle up" doesn't really hold water
    ----
    " rich" is a mindset. Not a situation.
    When you give the incompetent other people's money the squander it.
    A perfect example is government housing.
    Why is it that the wealthy mansions from as far back as the 1700's are still standing? Yet Government housing is destroyed on average in less than 30 years?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Nobody has any really new ideas.

Laissez-faire capitalism isn't exactly new, either.

If we worked things through together, perhaps we could come up with something new. I don't think either side is as stupid as we think. But we aren't working together very well these days.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• " rich" is a mindset. Not a situation. When you give the incompetent other people's money the squander it. A perfect example is government housing. Why is it that the wealthy mansions from as far back as the 1700's are still standing? Yet Government housing is destroyed on average in less than 30 years?

Answer by jewjewbee 3 minutes ago

I'm not sure what public housing has to do with anything...most families don't live in public housing and median income continues to drop for the lower 3/4's of income earners.

Wealthy mansions built 300 years ago are still standing because they weren't built like shit, in the same way most new construction is. Cheap, shitty building materials and lack of craftsmanship make for a house that has a lot of problems and difficult upkeep.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm not sure what public housing has to do with anything...most families don't live in public housing and median income continues to drop for the lower 3/4's of income earners.

And that is the end game of progressive policies. The began with Woodrow Wilson.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:41 PM on May. 6, 2011