Can you ovulate and have blocked tubes????

guess247

Asked by guess247 at 4:24 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. If your tubes are blocked, it does not affect ovulation, but can block the sperm from reaching the egg and the egg from moving down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• If you have ovaries you can ovulate. Women who have hysterectomies with an ovary left still ovulate (that is the reason for leaving the ovary many times). The egg just gets reabsorbed into the body. With a blocked tube I would expect the same thing would happen. The egg would just reabsorb into the body when it got to the blockage and couldn't go anywhere.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes you can if your tubes are blocked and a sperm happens to make it in there it could cause a tubal pregnancy.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 10:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Absolutely. Whether your tubes are cut, seared or blocked by an obstruction it will not stop you from ovulating. The tubes are just the path to the uterus. I had an ovarian ectopic after I'd had my tubes tied and lost a lot of blood before and during major surgery. Seems the sperm got through and then grew on the surface of the ovary where the egg popped out. The whole ovary blew up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:21 PM on May. 8, 2011