Should I keep trying or get ready to leave

We have been married almost 17 years, been together 23. Our kids are almost grown, ages 20 and 16. We have been taking care of his mom for the last 7 years, she is bedbound and unable to eat or talk. We dont do anything fun he says I only want to go to the legion. he never shows any emotion or passion. even during sex. if we argue he brings up the past arguments or anything he thinks i said that was wrong. i did counseling for over a year but he said seeing psych is for crazy people so nix him every going. he is always right and i am always wrong. i caught him in an affair 8 years ago but he said i was making a mountain out of a molehill.

tiredwife95

Asked by tiredwife95 at 4:28 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like you two need to have a serious discussion about how you are feeling and tell him you are contemplating leaving him if things don't change
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Get ready to leave and then leave.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:31 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Time to leave honey!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:32 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would sit him down and tell him everything you told us and say if counseling is not going to happen its time for me to go. I left because its hard when someone thinks they never do anything wrong or you are wrong all of the time. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Id already be gone. I would tell him since he thinks I am over reacting Ill over react somewhere else with someone else who gives a damn.

Answer by gemgem at 4:33 PM on May. 6, 2011

• You better make a decision quick, sounds like he is ready to move on or is getting really use to you putting up with his ways
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 4:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• What's the situation with the 16 year old? Would you two getting a divorce be a problem for that child? Because if not, I'd be outa there so fast...
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would have left 8 years ago, sorry... thats bullshit. if your hurt over it, it isnt a molehole. he should understand that. I would leave now.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would have already left, Momma you deserve better ,sit him down have a heart to heart and if that doesn't get you anywhere and marriage counseling isn't an option then move on.. you deserve to be happy.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Tell him this if you have not already and if he makes no effort there is your answer and move on. There is no reason to spend your life miserable. The tough part is finding the courage and strength to move forward but I think it will life an enormous weight off your shoulders.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 4:49 PM on May. 6, 2011