Should I go?

Traditionally my aunts and I all get together for mothers day (MD). Usually we do all the work while the men sit on their ass and do nothing. Since I got married I sometimes not go because my husband likes to cook and do stuff for me. He hates when I am in the kitchen for MD. I was going this year out of obligation but my grand mother and I had a fight today. She is a very negative and critical woman who always brings me down. No matter what, nothing is ever good enough for her. So anyway, my question is should I make the sacrifice and go, or should I allow my hubby to pamper me and take me and our son out for the day?

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 4:34 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• It is YOUR day. Be pampered!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Is that even a question?

Go and be miserable with rude bitches or be happy with hubby and son and get pampered?

Such a toughy. It's mother's day, not suck it up and waste your day being miserable.

Have fun, your other family will get over it.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:37 PM on May. 6, 2011

• send a card and enjoy your mothers day!!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 4:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• what was the fight about? it all depends on what will make you happy. my mother something like this and I still hear her moan that she's a terrible person since the relative died right after that.

Maybe you can do both, but it's up to you.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:53 PM on May. 6, 2011