Im scheduled to get root canal on monday got a call today from insurance company saying they wont cover it until july 1st. i been with them a yr...

Well almost a yr..july 1st will make a yr. My question is what can I do until then because I can't afford to pay 1065.00 .... im on antibiotics right now. I definately can't get my tooth pulled I already got three pulled. Im so frustrated right now. My teeth has a hole in it so I don't know how long I can go without a root canal. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• That sucks! I hate dealing with those companies!!! Ask the dentist for any suggestions. Could they fill in the hole with something until your insurance will cover it?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Can the dentist fill it in with something till u can get it done? I would call the dentist today to let them know that u can't have the surgery until July.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I agree... call the dentist and ask them what your options are.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Have you looked at your policy to see if what your insurance company is telling you is TRUE? They've certainly been happy to accept your premiums for almost a year. What did they expect you to do? Pay for a year & not utilize your benefits? I would demand to see IN WRITING that it isn't covered until July 1st. Call them to the mat on it. Make them responsible for proving what they say. An insurance company's 1st protocol is to deny claims. They then, work through those who actually make them do their job. I had a friend who worked for BCBS. She was trained to deny first & only work the cases of those who disputed the denial. You'd be surprised how much $$$ they make because so many people take them at their word & don't wanna raise a fuss.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• sometimes they can put a temporary filling in it till you can afford a crown I have 2 teeth like this and they don't give me trouble
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 8:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• yeah,my hubby has a temp cap and for some reason he refuses to go get a impression molding for more lasting one.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:48 AM on May. 7, 2011

• Have you looked into AmeriPlan dental plans? You can use these discounted plans with your insurance or without insurance! Visit www.mybenefitsplus.com/DaniSwager and you can get signed up and be covered. Or email me at DSwager@gmail.com and I can send you info! Its worth a shot and save you money.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 3:09 PM on May. 7, 2011