Do you actually do this?

I often see people say "I just lost my appetite" or "Now I can't eat this sandwich" after hearing/seeing something disgusting. My question is - are you just saying that, or do you actually lose your appetite?

I don't really have an understanding as to how hearing the word "poop" or "blood" or something similar can suddenly make your food unappealing. I guess I have a strong stomach, because I remember having 1st period Anatomy in high school, and LITERALLY disecting my group's cat with one hand, and eating breakfast with the other.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 4:38 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't lose my appetite easily, mostly it's from being really sad. Some things do disgust me, but a dissection? Doubt it. And a sory about a hair in someone's food would probably make me hungry, too!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• lol. I don't actually lose my appitite :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• LOL I hope you werent really disecting a cat and eating at the same time...not too sanitary lol...but no I don't lose my appetite often and never over just some words or images...i think it's just an expression lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My friend said she found a hair in her eggroll one time and I got a hankering for eggrolls.

another time my brother said there was a cat poo stuck to his sock and I was eating a tootsie roll and that I couldn't finish.

Depends I guess.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Kinda like ROTFLMA?, I don't actually roll on the floor.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I have never said it because I couldn't lose my appetite for anything other than severe stress lol then shortly after it comes back with a vengeance lol. Those ppl that say it then put their food down annoy me
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Lucky209, I really was. It was always something easy to eat one-handed, like a sausage biscuit. I'd eat it with my clean hand, and help do something with the cat with my other.

My SIL has a really weak stomach, and has stopped eating dinner if the conversation at the table even hints at something "nasty". I was just wondering if any of you are the same way, and if you ever actually mean what you say. (I KNOW that most of the time it is just an expression.)
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 4:44 PM on May. 6, 2011

• did you make this up? lol - aside from being able to stomach it, the teacher let you eat in class?

my mom would get hungry in the operating room because she loved rare meat!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

No and yes.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 5:13 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I actually loose my appetite because certain things make me feel nauseous and I don't want to be putting food into a nauseous stomach.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:19 PM on May. 6, 2011