Is it alright that I can't stand my grand mother at times? (venting)

I live upstairs, she, my grand pa and my dad live downstairs. I am married with a three year old. We only moved upstairs 5 months now and life has been good. When we were downstairs she was a nag, always bringing me down and bitching. She complains all the time.. The house is never clean enough, or the food isn't good enough, the cupboards aren't finished. It's disgusting. MY dad pays all the bills. She and my grand pa just buy food. Dad handles mortgage, phone, cable, light, everything.. Now she has started to complain about my dad because he's a salesman and has been down on his luck lately, so he borrows money from her. I just find her so ungrateful, the way she talks like she is so unhappy. Sh ecomplains to anyone who would listen and I am fed up of her. What do you thing??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 4:39 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, because as much as Iove my grandma, there are times that I just can't be around her. Since she had chemo 5 years ago her personality has changed and she is not a very nice person anymore. It's best that I limit my time around her or else we start arguing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Ask her why if she is so unhappy what you can do or what can be done to make it better. I am in no way for being disrespectful to seniors but maybe remind her of the good things your dad does and though he might be down now things will change and he will be taking care of her again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:49 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I hope it gets better. But I do understand. She sounds like my husband's grandmother. It does not matter what we do or say to this woman she is never happy.

I finally talked to her sister, because I kept hearing that we hadn't contacted her in years, but the truth is we had. Apparently she didn't remember. She was making up stories that certain relatives were causing her trouble, they were not.

Just do what you can to deal with her. you don't have to like the way she acts.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:51 PM on May. 6, 2011

• hmm if your not the only one who thinks this way, you should get some help from others to explain to her how annoying she is!
    get a bunch of people together to tell her, then she'll comprehend it and maybe try to change. forgive her too for the past and just try to make changes for the future.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 8:11 PM on May. 6, 2011