My little girl has really bad diaper rash all of the sudden! What can I do?

She has only ever had diaper rash once before and that was when she was very little and it wasn't even close to this bad!

She's been sick and started 4 different medications on Monday and woke up this morning with a rash so bad she's walking funny and can't stand me changing her diaper. I got some extra strength diaper rash cream but it's not doing anything for her and I feel so bad! What can I do for her?

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cake on the Balmex! It works but don't be sparing with it. Be generous
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Try Aquaphor or Lotrimin AF (yes, the stuff for Athletes Foot). The Lotrimin will clear it up in a day or two. You may have to call the doctor and get Nystatin cream if it is that bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:46 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Change her diaper brand. Both of my kids were allergic to Pampers....Huggies it was
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:54 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thanks ladies.

MexTexmom2...yeah, I considered that too but she's 19 months old and I've always used the same diaper and this is only the second diaper rash she has ever had! I'm thinking it's from the antibiotics.
    davila26

Comment by davila26 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on May. 6, 2011

• diaper brand*
    davila26

• That happend once with my son. I put A&D ointment on him and let him air out *no diaper * for a little while and then put that cream sooo thick ...he felt better
    kristybaby2

Answer by kristybaby2 at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2011

• air air air and air!! Fresh air does a diaper rash good! :) and before you put on a fresh diaper use vasaline to coat the bottom!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:35 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Bath-Air out-no diaper-30min. Apply Desitin heavily- put diaper on loose- check -temp.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 6:43 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Desitin and let her go without diapers as much as you can. Good luck, I know it's so painful for her!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• boudreaux butt paste my dd was bad we tried about 4 different perscriptions and over the counter creams and this one cleared it right up the first few days of using it. now it is all i will ever use.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 9:28 PM on May. 6, 2011