What do you think?

I took pictures of my boys and I LOVE PICTURES! .. i would like to just start taking them for people and just charge a small fee but just do it on the side. .. what do you think??? be honest.. thankss!!

xsbnix

Asked by xsbnix at 4:59 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Too photo shopped IMO!!!!!
    Anonymous

• The poses (and kids) are good. The light is too harsh and contrasty. It's making their skin look really washed out and you can't see fine details very well.

Portraits are fun, but it's a rough business these days, especially since everyone and their cat has at least one digital camera. (this comes from a photographers wife.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• there really isnt much photo shop in them.. the sun was bright in their faces so i uploaded them to a program and tried taking out the light as much as i could
    xsbnix

Comment by xsbnix (original poster) at 5:08 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thankssssssss balagan!!!!! =]
    xsbnix

Comment by xsbnix (original poster) at 5:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• "The poses (and kids) are good. The light is too harsh and contrasty. It's making their skin look really washed out and you can't see fine details very well. " ~balagan imma

that.
    I still like them though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

• You said it yourself "the sun was too harsh" a photographer should know this, not take pictures in direct sun light as a professional photo. You use the lighting differently but you shouldn't see the sunlight on the faces the way it shows in your photos. It's also casting shadows because of it. And the photoshop shouldn't be used as it looks in your pictures. Colors are off. Also they seem slightly blurry. You have to be careful with what's in your background as well. Too much going on and the eye goes straight to what's showing instead of your subject. Try to take some classes or search the web of professional photographers and look at their pictures to get a better idea. Every Photographer has their own spin on their work, that's what makes them unique and stand out, but there are still certain rules to follow to be a professional photographer. If this is what you really want to do, do your research and go for it. Good Luck.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 5:28 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I think you did well with the poses, and of course the boys are absolutely adorable, but there are very blown-out spots in them from the light, and even with editing, you would probably be able to see those. There are a few great photography groups on CM, though, if you want to look into those and read up on a few things. Hope this helps!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:41 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I am not a photographer but I like the pics.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:06 PM on May. 7, 2011

• they are all adorable and very nice job with taking them; I would pay a small fee to have them done they look as good(maybe even better) then some professional photos
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:30 AM on May. 10, 2011