What do you think about Switched on Schoolhouse?

Im seriously thinking about using sos,for the next yr.But its alot of money,so wanted to see what other homeschooling mommas think about it or maybe a favorite one you have? I have a 6th and 4th grader that would be using it.Do you use the comp method but also do something else with them during the day or is it pretty good about covering everything and easy to understand?I like the fact that they can do there work on the comp but at the same time....i dont want them setting there all day in front of a comp.Can you tell im new at this?lol.Do you have a certain place that you would suggest to buy it from that might be cheaper?.....This might be a dumb question but..Can you reuse the program?If my 6th grader uses it next yr will my daughter be able to use it when shes in 6th grade without me having to but it again basically.

hiselbobbie1

Asked by hiselbobbie1 at 5:03 PM on May. 6, 2011 in

• You can't reuse the program. You can check on ebay and can get it a little cheaper, but don't buy it used because you can't register it yourself. We are more eclectic with our homeschooling and I don't like using the same format (as in sitting in front of the computer) for all of our subjects. I have found a great source for online unit studies at http://www.thesimplehomeschool.com/ and one membership can allow you to use multiple levels of materials.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:33 PM on May. 6, 2011