Got a good potatoe soup recipe?

I have one that i got from a friend but mine NEVER tastes like hers.lol.So what do you have??

hiselbobbie1

Asked by hiselbobbie1 at 5:06 PM on May. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Easy cheesy potato soup

8-9 large potatoes cubed
    2 stalks of celery, cut
    32oz chick stock
    1 cup water
    2 cups shredded cheese
    3T milk
    3T flour
    Bacon

Put the cubed potatoes, celery, stock and water in your crock pot for 6-8 hrs on low
    After 6-8 hrs, make a rue out of milk and flour, add, and turn crock pot on high for 20 minutes
    At the end of 20 min. Add cheese and bacon... Eat :) it's so good. I also add some velveta cubes when I add the other cheese, makes it a little creamier, and we always eat it with a crusty French bread
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:13 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Potatoes
    Onion
    Salt
    Pepper
    Milk
    Butter
    Crackers
    Peel and dice potatoes, dice onion then boil potatoes and onion until potatoes are fork tender.
    Drain half of water and replace with milk. Add some butter, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until hot then its done. Top with crackers.

Answer by gemgem at 5:13 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Peel and chop however many potatoes you want, grate a few carrots to add extra veggies. Cover with water and bring to a boil. In the meantime chop an onion and some bacon (I usually use 4-6 slices of bacon). Cook the bacon and onion together until the bacon is crisp and the onion is clear. Add to the soup. Once a fork can be stuck into the potatoes, remove from heat. Add 1 can of evaporated milk. If it needs thickened add instant mashed potatoes. If it is too thick add another can evaporated milk. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:17 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I make it for our deli and sell a slew of it, here goes... cut (in bite size pieces) 2 or 3 potatoes, chop a stock of celery, a little onion finely chopped (optional), put these contents in pot and cover with water and begin boiling. When potatoes feel soft add 2 tbs. butter, salt, pepper add a can of creme of chicken soup, about 4 slices of cheese ( I like Velvetta) last when cheese is melted add 4 cups of milk. I had to think about that cause we make huge pots. People always say it" tastes like moms or grandmas!"

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:19 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Nothing but thanks for the idea I love potato soup! Tony Romas used to make a good one! GOOGLE!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 5:34 PM on May. 6, 2011